Interceding for Others - PART 2
In Colossians 1:9-12, Paul includes a powerful prayer for his fellow Christians. His example gives us six (6) ways to intercede on another person’s behalf.
1. The Biblical Name for The God of Knowledge is "El Deot" .. and as you pray "Our Father" .. praise His Holy Name .. and ask God to be with your friend .. that they may be filled with the knowledge of El Deot .. and that The Spirit of Jesus will give them wisdom and understanding .. or guidance in the Name of Jehovah Rohi .. Our God and Father Who Shepherds and Guides Us .. the ONE Who "directs our path" .. ask God to give them a "Word" .. and ask that the word may be a "lamp unto their feet" ( Psalm 119:105 )
God is ready to show us exactly what to do in any given situation. As Psalm Psalm 32:8 says, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” JUST REMEMBER THIS - You don’t have to say, “Show my friend Your will—if it’s Your will.” His promise to do so is sure and clear. Ask the Lord to give your loved one spiritual discernment and clear direction about His desires .. or illness, or decision making .. but BE SPECIFIC - if you know specifics!
2. Pray and ask God to "guide" your friend .. or the person .. that they might walk in a manner worthy of the Lord Jesus Christ and please God ( Jehovah Rohi ) in all respects.
If you know the person is a believer, then you "know" he is called to emulate the life of Christ - his words and behavior should match the character and attitude of Jesus. Pray that your friend would recognize the great privilege of being part of God’s kingdom .. that your friend might come to know the Character of God .. by the Power of His Holy Name!
If he does not know Jesus as his Savior, ask the Lord to make Himself known in your friend’s life - ask God to show you little ways to "share" on facebook, or Twitter, or some other means - so that he would become a child of The Most High God and give glory to the Lord through obedience and repentance.
3. Pray that your friend .. your neighbor .. your son or daughter .. the person showing signs of a gay lifestyle .. poor decision making and choices .. pray that they will come to know Jesus and bear fruit in every good thing they do .. and s bear fruit in every good work .. and not lead others astray .. and remember as you pray these things - being busy doesn’t always mean that we are also being fruitful. Pray that your friend will wisely invest his time and resources for the sake of God’s Kingdom - to have an eternal impact rather than a temporal one.
4. Praying that your friend .. or the Muslim Lady living next door, or the Jewish man at the deli, the kids at day care, or your sons or daughters friends .. might grow increasingly in the knowledge of the Lord .. and might learn of the God of All Knowledge .. El Deot
We all have a spiritual hunger that only God can satisfy. Try as we might to quench it with other things - nothing can take the place of a right relationship with Our Father in Heaven - just think about the "one prayer" Jesus gave to His friends and disciples - The Lord's Prayer! Finding spiritual fulfillment is possible only through prayer, reading God's Word, listening to God's Words and Teachings through ministers and teachers and expositors of The Word and applying His Word to our lives, and observing the results. Pray that your friend will develop a hunger for God and seek Him through Scripture - and again ask how you might be "fruitful" in this endeavor?
5. May my friend be strengthened with all power, according to God’s glorious might and power! Take a moment here and as The Spirit of God leads you .. just review The Names of God .. and praise the Name of El Hakkavod - the God of Glory!
If you know someone going through a crisis, don’t stop praying for the power of God to work in his or her life. Keep on keeping on .. and seek the Names of God .. asking that on behalf of your friend, God will provide ( Jehovah Jireh ) strength to remain steadfast in the truth, regardless of the circumstances. Keep praying for the person to be empowered to do God's will, through His Son Jesus - for the Glory and Honor of God, Our Father!